- This event has passed.
Centre on Aging’s 38th Annual Spring Research Symposium
May 3 @ 4:00 pm - May 4 @ 4:00 pm PDT
The Centre on Aging, University of Manitoba will be hosting their 38th Annual Spring Research Symposium on May 3–4, 2021. This year’s theme is Looking forward to aging in a post-pandemic world. Join our diverse group of speakers who will discuss aging related topics on mental health, health care for older adults, Indigenous contemplative and mindfulness practices, home care, social isolation and loneliness, and health policy.
· May 3: Presentations 9 am–12 pm; Student/researcher poster session 1–4 pm
· May 4: Student researcher poster session 9 am–12 pm; Presentations 1–4 pm
*All times are Central
There is no cost to attend the Symposium. Everyone is welcome to join us online, no formal registration required.
How to participate in the virtual Symposium
While registration is not required, there are two ways for Symposium attendees to participate:
1. View the streamed session on YouTube. A viewing link for the presentations will be provided closer to the Symposium date. Visit our Web site for the link: https://umanitoba.ca/aging , or join our email list to be informed: email@example.com.
2. Register on Eventbrite to connect with the presenters for the Q and A session via Zoom chat for one or both days. Immediately following each presentation, time will be allotted for virtual attendees to ask the presenters questions in a moderated Zoom chat. Pre-registration is required to participate in the Zoom chat; details are on our Web site. The meeting information will be sent closer to the Symposium date.
3. On each Symposium day, a poster session featuring 20 students and researchers will be available for viewing on our Web site. Posters are all audio narrated.
For more information, view the presentation schedule on the Centre’s Web site: https://umanitoba.ca/centre-on-aging/research/spring-symposium/presentation-schedule.