[Toolkit] Intergenerational Evaluation Toolkit
Click HERE to learn more about Generations United and the Intergenerational Evaluation Toolkit.
In an effort to collect more data on intergenerational shared sites and facilitate program evaluation, Generations United, with support from The Eisner Foundation, partnered with Dr. Shannon Jarrott of The Ohio State University to develop this toolkit.
The Intergenerational Evaluation Toolkit represents over 15 years of collaborative research by Dr. Jarrott and is a companion piece to two reports from Generations United and The Eisner Foundation on intergenerational shared sites.
The Toolkit offers three resources designed to meet the needs of program providers and researchers committed to demonstrating the impact of intergenerational programming and understanding the practices by which outcomes are achieved. Their use can help advocates improve, expand, and sustain intergenerational opportunities in every community.
The toolkit includes:
- The Intergenerational Practice Evaluation Tool designed to be easily, quickly, and reliably completed by program staff to assess intergenerational activities and support evidence-based practices,
- An 8-step guide on Planning an Intergenerational Evaluation designed to help practitioners get started in planning and conducting program evaluation, and
- Tools for Outcome Measurement, a curated list of reliable, valid measures that have been used to demonstrate the impact of intergenerational programs with detailed information. (Updated in 2022).
Download a print-ready version of the Intergenerational Practice Evaluation Tool.
We hope you will use the Intergenerational Evaluation Toolkit to start or expand your efforts to improve and grow your work and assess your impact. As you do, we want your feedback. Please let us know what you think and how you are using these resources; we would also love to learn about your evaluation results. You can contact Sheri Steinig or Dr. Shannon Jarrott.
Generations United and The Eisner Foundation
May 23, 2023
- International Innovation
- Intergenerational initiatives
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers