Toolkit materials and program: Active Living with Chronic Conditions
The Self-Management Programs at the University of Victoria have developed and shared 2 new toolkits for those living with chronic conditions. A brief description is provided here - please see and share the attached posters for more information.
1. Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions Program
This evidence-based program includes all tools in the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, packaged into a one-time mailing. It offers an alternative method for those who cannot or do not wish to attend a CDSMP workshop in person or online. The self-tailored Tool Kit contains:
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, 5th Edition book
- Relaxation for Mind and Body CD
- An exercise CD with accompanying booklet
- A self-test to help decide how to use the materials
- Tips sheets on the most important self-management tools
The Tool Kit will suggest and give you some ideas to try.
2. Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions + Telephone Calls Program
Participants in this 6-week program receive the materials from the Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions Program, and participate in a 30-minute, small group conference call with a Program Leader and other participants. The Leader introduces the materials, explains the self-test, does an exercise with the group, and gets each person to make a weekly action plan.
In addition to these 2 new programs, the Self-Management Programs are continuing intake for their one-on-one telephone Health Coach Program (see attached PDF for more information).
If you know of anyone who is interested in any of the programs listed above, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free: 1-866-902-3767 (604-940-1273 in the Lower Mainland) with the following information. A program coordinator will then contact them to discuss next steps.
- Their first and last name
- Their telephone number
- Their city and postal code
- The name of the program(s) they are interested in