Webinar Recording: Aging Lives Uprooted: Welcoming and Supporting Older Refugees to Canadian Communities
This webinar painted a picture of the older adult refugee experience in Canada, including the effects of fleeing conflict zones, the process of seeking asylum, and what it means to have lost everything. We heard from those working in the field - nationally, provincially, and locally – who shared their experiences and how they support older adult refugees. To wrap up the webinar, we heard from older refugees themselves who shared, first hand, their experience of coming to Canada.
The webinar is for those working in the community-based seniors sector or those serving older refugees and their allies. Watch for an informative and heartfelt discussion, learn and share best practices in supporting older refugees, and discover available programs and resources.
OACAO in collaboration with HelpAge Canada and CORE Canada
Mar 22, 2023
- Intercultural/Interfaith/Interlingual; Immigrants, Refugees, and Other Newcomers
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Government (Politicians, Policy Makers) and Health Authorities
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers
- Health Authorities
- Recorded webinar
- Success Stories
- Impact Stories